Senator Shealy Introduces Resolution in South Carolina
Senator Shealy introduced a resolution through the Committee on Medical Affairs to designate Thursday, April 4, 2013 as Organ Donor Registration Day in South Carolina. Officially adopted, this bill expresses the South Carolina General Assembly’s and the State of South Carolina’s support for organ, eye and tissue donation throughout the state.
This resolution was brought forward for the following reasons:
- More than 117,000 people are waiting for an organ transplant.
- More than 18 people die every day while waiting for an organ transplant.
- One Donor can save up to eight lives.
- People of any age, race and ethnicity can save and enhance lives by donating their organs, eyes and tissues.
A copy of this resolution was forwarded to Donate Life South Carolina (www.donatelifesc.com).
Related News Stories
- Carolina Donor Services
- Donate Life in South Carolina – www.donatelifesc.org
- Becoming a Donor in your State
- Organizations Related to Donation and Transplantation
- April is National Donate Life Month. It’s a reminder that you have the opportunity to give a very precious gift.
Online Donor Registration — Register Now!